Fish soup or seafood soup can be the perfect way to warm up on a cool day. If you want a variety of cooking methods to cook your catches, you might want to learn how to make fish broth. This is a great way to add fish broth to your recipe list.
Fish broth ingredients
You can use fish like red snapper, trout, or flounder to make fish broth. Just put the following ingredients together to make a simple fish broth recipe:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 10 black peppercorns
- 2 cloves of garlic (whole)
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 spring onions
- 2 leeks
- 1 large carrot (roughly chopped)
- 1 pound fish head
- 4-5 shrimp heads
- A pile of fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups of water
When you have your ingredients ready, just follow these instructions to learn how to cook your catch and turn it into a delicious seafood culinary creation.
Fish broth recipe: cooking instructions
Once you’ve gathered all of the ingredients, learning how to make fish broth isn’t difficult. Follow these seven simple steps to make fish broth for cooking.
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat. Add olive oil, peppercorns, garlic, and bay leaves. Fry for a few minutes.
- Add the spring onions and leeks. Fry for a few minutes.
- Add the carrot (roughly chopped), fish head, and shrimp heads. Fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add fresh parsley and water. Cover the saucepan and cook over medium to high heat until the water comes to a boil.
- Once the water has reached boiling point, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the broth (so you only have the liquid and throw away the rest of the ingredients.)
- Use the fish broth immediately or refrigerate for a maximum of 2-3 days
That’s all you have to do to make fish broth. Good Appetite!