Fishing with toothpaste? You heard me right After learning about this topic, I thought, now I’ve heard it all! It’s the latest myth to swirl the internet’s megasphere after a viral video showed a man allegedly using toothpaste to catch fish from a hole in the ground.
For most logical reasons, this shouldn’t have to be mythical. Any decent angler will tell you the thought of catching fish with toothpaste is utter stupidity – but it seems that people are testing this theory for themselves by fishing with toothpaste and other products like eggs, mints, and sodas.
I’ve dug deeper and here is what I could find on the subject:
- There is no scientific evidence or data to support this claim
- Fish and wildlife agencies do not recommend throwing foreign products at wildlife
- The brands behind the products would not comment on the video or the tactic used
- The video is to be staged for entertainment purposes
- Apparently, using toothpaste to clean fishing bait is a truth
When fishing, you should always use humane and sporty methods of catching and handling.
If you stumbled on this page and want to learn how to catch fish properly, you’ve come to the right place! Our website has plenty of tips for beginners, including choosing the right bait for your type of fishing and hooking the bait. I can promise you that fishing with toothpaste is not on the list!