Outdoor activities like boating and fishing can bring your family and children together. Currently we know your children are at home and you may be looking for outdoor activities to keep your children entertained and have a good time together.
Here are some outdoor activities you can do while socially distancing yourself. Be sure to follow state and local guidelines before using our map below:
- Do a picknick. Get some snacks together, find a park near you (or just go to your yard), and have a meal with your family.
- Fly a kite. When was the last time you flown a kite? Your kids will love it!
- To go fishing. Go to the nearest river, pond, lake and teach your kids how fun fishing can be!
- Go kayaking. Do you have a kayak that is collecting dust in the garage? Take it to your nearest body of water and undress in nature.
- Take your boat out. Get your fishing rods, pack sunscreen, grab some snacks, and enjoy the best place to practice social distancing.
- To go for a walk. Get some fresh air and stretch your legs. It will make it clear to both yours and your family.
- Go for a walk. It will help increase your endorphins and improve your mood.
- Cycle. With less traffic, it’s the best time to teach your children to ride a bike.
Before you go to the water, check your State Natural Resources Agency’s website for the latest information on fishing and boating-related activities:
Some additional pointers if you want to fish or go boating:
- Check both state and local regulations
- Maintain a social distance of two meters between yourself and others.
- Do not touch public surfaces such as benches or water fountains.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after fishing, and after touching public surfaces.
- Stay home if you are sick or have symptoms of COVID-19