I firmly believe that several vacations are planned throughout the year. Not only does this give you something to look forward to, but it can also fill your sense of adventure, guarantee periods of relaxation, or simply offer opportunities to make new memories!
Even if travel or multi-day trips are currently not possible for you, you can achieve the same holiday mood with some creative ideas for a stay. A stay is essentially a vacation at home or a day trip within driving distance of your home that does not require overnight accommodation. Here are some budget-friendly accommodation ideas for families.
- Camping. Set up a campsite in your yard or visit a local campsite. Roast s’mores, share campfire stories, and enjoy the sights and sounds of nature around you.
- Boating. Enjoy sunshine and fresh air on the water. Rent a boat, hit your favorite fishing spots, or find a good spot to swim in the water. Explore the nearby fishing lakes that you’ve always wanted to try.
- Film festival. Organize a thematic film marathon at home with all the important things of the theater – snacks, popcorn, cozy blankets and your favorite film series.
- Fort building. What is more fun for children (and adults) than building a whole new world? Use blankets and furniture and anything you can collect to build magnificent fortresses indoors or outdoors. Make it magical with twinkling lights, music and fantasy.
- Outdoor dinner. Nothing says vacation like a delicious meal under the stars. Whether you’re grilling or ordering pizza, add decorations, music, and outdoor activities like garden games to ensure a fun dining experience.
- Game night. Dig up the old board games and puzzles and bring them back to the days of face-to-face interaction with loved ones. Make this a phone-free night for added enjoyment.
Try these fun and budget friendly stay ideas with your family this summer and make memories for a lifetime.