There has never been a better time than now to learn how to start fishing. Since the demands of daily living and routine require our constant attention, it is important to intentionally allow time for rest, relaxation, and recharging. When we do this, research shows increased productivity, health benefits, and happier overall wellbeing. So what are you waiting for? Here are five reasons to learn how to start fishing today!
- Spend time in nature – We could all use more of the great outdoors! It’s nice to be outside of our homes, cars, and offices and to be surrounded by trees, water, sky, and all the sights and sounds of nature.
- Health benefits – Spending time in nature naturally brings great health benefits – for free! Breathe fresh air, improve blood circulation, soak in sunshine and vitamin D, reduce stress and increase happiness. And when you catch that catch, you’ll enjoy this burst of feel-good hormones.
- Solo sport or group activity – It’s your decision! If you prefer some alone time, fishing is one of the best ways to get rid of everything except fishing, of course. Do you want company Charge up the family or bring friends.
- All levels of difficulty are welcome – Beginner fishing doesn’t have to be overwhelming. It’s like any sport. Start with the basics of the little league, then work your way up to the pros. This beginner’s guide will help you figure out what needs to have and what not.
- Cost efficient – You don’t need a big boat or expensive equipment to start fishing. Land fishing for beginners can be just as productive and is accessible to everyone. Check with your state fish and wildlife authority for local fishing spots near you or use our interactive map.
Convinced that you are finally learning how to start fishing? Great! This list of essential information has everything you need to get started, including beginner fishing equipment. Now go out and enjoy it!