Paris – A pioneer in algorithmic image editing, the world leader in large-scale photography and video production Meero announces that it has closed a $45 million second round led by Alven and Idinvest, eight months after it’s first $15 million round.
This new round of financing brings the company’s total financing to $60 million over it’s first two years, historical investors include- Global Founders Capital, Aglae Ventures, Alven and White Star Capital – have been joined by Idinvest.
By putting artificial intelligence in the service of photography, Meero has managed in 30 months to automate the editing of images, reducing the processing time of images to a few seconds when it takes several hours for a human to achieve an equivalent result.
This technological breakthrough in artificial intelligence allowed the young tech actor to standardize the production of photo shoots in more than 100 countries with clients such as Airbnb or UberEats.
While consolidating Meero’s leading position in the processing and production of photographs worldwide, this new funding will enable the creation of the largest computer vision center in France and the opening of new offices in the United States, and Asia.
“The fact that our historical investors are renewing their confidence and new supporters are joining the Meero adventure is encouraging us in the strategy we have chosen to pursue” said Thomas Rebaud, co-founder and CEO of Meero. “This significant fundraising will enable us to accelerate our development, both commercially and technologically, and thereby consolidate our leading position in this market.”
Big dates for Meero include:
- Creation of algorithmic image retouching technology
- Gradual launch of the global offer of interior photographs
- + 2000 customers in less than 9 months
- 1 photo report delivered every 45 seconds in the world (May)
- 40th employee (July)
- Fundraising of 15 million euros (October)
- 70th country open for production (November)
- Broadening the offer to the retail and restaurant sectors
- Acquisition of the German company Briefy (April)
- 100th country open for production (April)
- 180th employee (May)
- Fundraising of 45 million USD (July)
- Opening of a physical presence in Asia and the US (September)
Today Meero is the leader of artificial intelligence dedicated to image processing, the world first on-demand photography platform. 40,000 customers in more than 100 countries with 180 employees of 26 different nationalities.
1 photo shoot delivered worldwide every 30 seconds.
For more information contact: Cédric Buisson – email@example.com – 01 55 74 52 07